Pledge to Patient FAQs
1. Who can take the Pledge?
- The Pledge is open to anyone and everyone who is determined to drive PE forward and committed to be part of the culture change. Click here to see what others have committed, and join them by taking your own Pledge here.
2. What is a commitment?
- A commitment is an action that you will take in regards to incorporating more meaningful patient engagement in your everyday work. The commitments are categorised in three broad groups: listening to patients, co-creating with patients, and communicating with patients. See the introduction video to learn more.
- We recommend that the commitments in the Pledge to Patients are formed in a way that you can complete them. Try to make them as actionable as possible. For example, you’re conducting a clinical trial and your commitment is “I will form a team of patients who will help me write a lay English summary of my study report” – when you have done this, go back to your profile and click on “Completed” for that specific commitment. Then, create more commitments or see others’ commitments from the Pledge Records- page and encourage others to complete theirs!
3. What do I do after taking the Pledge?
- Depending on your commitments, we encourage you to visit your commitments often and provide an update once they have been completed. For example, you’re organising a multi-stakeholder meeting and your commitment is “I will contact X number of patients to confirm that I’ve taken into account the possible challenges my meeting structure and required prep-work might have on the participating patients.” When you have done this, go back to your profile and click on “Completed” for that specific commitment. Then, create more commitments or see others’ commitments from the Pledge Records- page and encourage others to complete theirs! Don’t know how to access your profile? See the next question.
4. How do I access my commitments again?
- Once you take the Pledge and create your first commitments, you will automatically create an Expert Profile in SYNaPse. You will be able to manage your Pledge commitments through this account. Check your emails for an account confirmation from SYNaPSE and confirm it through the link provided, or contact us if you cannot find the email.
- Did you forget the password to your account? No worries, you can always use the “I forgot my password option”.
4. Does this Pledge concern the organisation I work in?
- No, this Pledge is for individuals only. There is a disclaimer saying that your commitments do not reflect your organisation’s views and that you are taking the Pledge as an individual. You can of course invite your whole organisation to get involved by using this toolkit, or contact us so we can help you promote internally.
5. How do I get my colleagues to take the Pledge too?
- You can invite your colleagues to take the Pledge directly from your SYNaPSE profile, where you can edit and complete your commitments. Or check out our Pledge promotion kit and choose the way that suits you best!